Get Notices About Your Account
Choose how to see your account messages:
- Text message (Shoutbomb)
- US mail notification
- Automated phone messages (TeleCirc)
Renewals & Returns
How do I renew items?
- Use My Account on the catalog
- Call or visit any library location
- Use the mobile app
- Text Message (Shoutbomb)
- Automated Phone Service (Telecirc) at 630-961-0460
See the borrowing and fees chart for more information about fees, loan periods and renewals.
What is a vacation loan?
If you will be going out of town for an extended amount of time, ask for a vacation loan. The normal loan period for any item may be doubled except for those with holds or on Interlibrary loan.
Where can I return items?
Return items to any of the three buildings. Drive-up returns are available 24 hours a day, including holidays.
e-Readers and Tablets must be returned to a Circulation staff member or a $5 fee will be charged. All accessories must be returned with the eReader/Tablet or a replacement charge will be assessed per missing item.
Lost your Card?
Let us know immediately if your card is lost or stolen. In case of unauthorized use, the customer is responsible for the first $50 in charges. There is no limit of liability when the fraudulent use is by a family member or member of the same household. A $2 replacement charge may apply.
Show Us Your Card, Naperville!
Show your Naperville Public Library card at the participating locations to save money and receive benefits at the time of purchase. Check back each season for an updated list of participating businesses and offers. See the current offers.
Library Card Benefits
What can I do with a Library card?
- Check out books, movies and music CD’s
- Download eBooks, eAudiobooks, music and videos
- Read along online storybooks
- Play educational online games
- Use online resources for research
- Place holds on items in person or online
- Use computers, scanners and printers
- Attend events or classes
- Participate in reading programs
- Get Homework Help
- Request an Interlibrary loan
- Rent meeting rooms at discounted prices
- Get discounts at participating local merchants with Show Us Your Card program
Can I use Library services without a card?
Even without a card you can:
- Read books, magazines and use special collections when visiting the library
- Sign up for a book newsletter to be delivered to your email address
- Use online resources for research when visiting the library
- Use Text a Librarian
- Use computers in the Adult Lab
- Access our wireless network on your laptop or mobile device
- Rent meeting rooms